Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handles Messiah

So this week I had an opportunity of a lifetime. My old highschool choir was invited to sing Handles Messiah. The College I go to sings in it as well, so on Sunday I and many of my good friends sang in it. It was a day I will never forget for a few reasons.


#1 I had the stomach flu. That made life fun. When I woke up on Sunday I was so very sick that I couldn’t even go to church. I was on deaths door. Ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but I was sick. When 3:00 rolled around I pushed myself up and took a shower and got dressed. On the way to the concert I started feeling better and better. I know God had something to do with it. By the time it started I felt %100 fine. It was amazing that I made it through without collapsing. 3 other people fainted during the concert. God really protected me.

#2 It was such a wonderful experience being able to sing to God in front of so many people. When you get 300 people singing the Hallelujah chorus it is really amazing!!

#3 The reception afterward was really fun. I got to talk with some friends and a lot of people tried to get me to join the advanced choir. That was a shock. Also they had free drinks and after the concert we all needed them.

That’s about it.

In Christ alone,

Josh Martin

1 comment:

Rose said...

Indeed it was amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat...even though we did have to stand that whole time. Praise God you didn't have to miss out on singing with the whole choir. :)

Rose