Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A tradition or custom that I think should have survived till today.

On word:
Jousting!
That was a great idea. Two guys want a girl, they, decide to grab long pointy sticks get on horses and charge at each other as fast as they can, and so it ends. Winner gets the girl.
Okay, maybe not the best idea ever, but still exciting.
Alright, the one that I think should still be around is Courting!
Yes, there are people who still court, but dating is so rampant, its ridicules. I went to Elitch Gardens a few years ago on homeschool day when all the "good" kids were supposed to be out. I saw two kids who couldn't have been older than 10 making out in line for the Ferris wheel. It was the worst thing I had ever seen. What happened to the days where I guy would nicely ask a girl to court him and they wouldn't kiss until their wedding? I think it would be fine for the two of them to still get together and have a jolly old time, but do so morally.

In Christ alone,
Josh Martin

2 comments:

jesse schroeder said...

totally agree man, i see some of my friends doing that, and it hurts. way to go man, so glad i found ur blog

Dorothy B. said...

Haha! This one was funny ;)
Good one, Josh, I agree!